Turkey’s Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan addresses members of parliament from his ruling AK Party (AKP) during a meeting at the Turkish parliament in Ankara October 14, 2008. REUTERS/Umit Bektas
I hereby declare: for Erkan, PM Erdoğan is fallen out of grace and there is no more political support. Though Erkan knows in all modesty, this will not have much impact on the political scene.
Here are the reasons for Erkan’s political move:
* He is (in)directly responsible for not initiating legislative move to stop growing web censorship in Turkey.
* Just talks too much and mostly phatic talk.
* Showyness in South Eastern cities. Nothing substantial done in Kurdish issues. Attacking the already politically weakened DTP continuously. Local Kurds may think PM Erdoğan’s latest visits to the region as a show of force by the State.
* His attack against Taraf daily. This paper’s claims are not really investigated. Stamped out by the army and government alliance.
* His attack against Doğan Media Group. If you did not have any substantive evidence why did you do so much bitching?
* Torture continues under his party’s rule. Slow acting in Article 301 and indifference to web censorship.
* His desire to win the municipalities of İzmir and Diyarbakır. So what will happen when you conquer all? Is this that important? With the power and voter percentage you already have, you could have done a lot and you basically did not do.
* Appointing the same candidate for the incoming Istanbul municipality election. Mr. Topbaş did not provide us much comfort. All show of construction work throughout his administration years.I remind you two years of muddy Istiklal Street. Cheesy populism in metrobus system. Increased traffic jam for the car owners.
* Too emotional. Reacts to every protest. I hope he will react to his post, and I will get more traffic ehehehehe
* No sense of humor.