The Ultimate List of New Year Resolutions For 2022
There’s no denying that 2020 and 2021 have been challenging.
But as we can now see a clearer, brighter future, it’s time to start making plans for 2022.
With the festive season fast approaching, it’ll be New Year’s Eve before you know it. As such, there’s no time like the present to start thinking about your New Year resolutions for the upcoming year.
If you’re looking for inspiration, here are just a few ideas for personal, career, relationship, financial and hobby goals.
- Read more books – whether that’s fiction or non-fiction
- Take time out for self-care – remember you are important!
- Create a gratitude journal – it’s easy to forget to be grateful for what we have
- Start doing random acts of kindness for others
- Listen to inspiring podcasts
- Start a journal – check in with yourself each day to see how you’re really feeling
- Improve your perspective of positive body image – this will boost your confidence
- Take a solo trip away – there are plenty of ways to make friends along the way
- Have a social media detox
- Try manifestation to achieve your goals
- Step out of your comfort zone and try something new
- Strive for that promotion – you are good enough!
- Make a career change
- Start your own business / go self-employed – take control of your daily grind
- Take a course to advance your skills
- Learn something completely new
- Become more organized – both at work, and at home
- Improve your work-life balance
- Let go of the people that don’t deserve you
- Make more time for those that deserve you
- Set healthy boundaries
- Plan a holiday or adventure with your favorite people
- Reconnect with old friends
- Understand your love language – and your partner’s
- Take time to get to know people – let’s form lasting relationships, rather than gaining acquaintances
- Compliment others out of the blue
- Improve your budgeting skills
- Save for a rainy day, or a house, or a holiday
- Make a charitable donation to a local cause
- Start a side hustle
- Learn more about investing
- Pay off your debts
- Have a no spend month – only buy essentials you have pre-determined
- Start a new hobby
- Finish that project you never completed – we all have one…
- Find a community of passionate people who enjoy the same things
- Spend less time watching TV – try dedicating one evening a week to keeping the TV off (that includes streaming apps on your phone)
- Monetize your craft
Health and fitness goals
- Get your 5 a day
- Drink more water
- Ditch the soda – even diet soda
- Start an exercise routine
- Practice weight training
- Try meditation
- Reset your sleep pattern and practice good sleep hygiene
So, this ultimate list of resolutions should definitely give you something to think about. Remember to set achievable resolutions that you can realistically stick to. Most people end up failing on their resolutions within three weeks. Push through the urge to quit and keep going!