Erdoğan had to admit: Suicide Bomber in #Sultanahmet bombing is of Syrian Origin
President Erdoğan declaring that the perpetrators of the explosion in Sultanahmet are suicide bombers has said, “It is a bomb attack by suicide bomber of Syrian origin”.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has condemned the Jan. 12 explosion in Istanbul’s touristic Sultanahmet neighborhood, which killed 10 and injured 15, describing it as a suicide attack of Syrian origin
An explosion occurred on Jan. 12 in Istanbul’s touristic Sultanahmet Square, killing 10 while wounding at least 15. Here are four things to know about the explosion
Medical teams rush injured people to hospital after a large explosion in central Istanbul on Tuesday. Turkish police sealed off the Sultanahmet district, where the explosion happened. The area is popular with tourists and includes the Topkapi Palace and Blue Mosque. Photograph: Osman Orsal/Reuters
In other news
A main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) deputy has rebuked Justice and Development Party (AKP) MPs for rejecting his proposal for a parliamentary inquiry into the problems faced by Roma-origin people in Turkey
Naji al-Jarf, who was fatally shot last month, had received death threats after making documentary on Isis, NGO says
European Council has asked Turkey about police violence against bianet reporter, Beyza Kural.
The Directorate of Religious Affairs (Diyanet) has vehemently defended itself after public uproar greeted its response to a question on whether a father’s lust for his daughter would affect his marriage, claiming its answer was deliberately “distorted”
1 thought on “Erdoğan had to admit: Suicide Bomber in #Sultanahmet bombing is of Syrian Origin”